Shoebury Matters 27.09.2020

 

NATIONAL POLICE MEMORIAL DAY – shine a light at 8.00 tonight

Today is National Police Memorial Day where we remember police officers who have given their lives while protecting ours. The death of Police Sergeant Matt Ratana has highlighted the danger that police officers face every day. Rev Wilding on the BBC’s One Show invited us all to stand at our front doors and shine a light in remembrance of those officers but also to share a thought for the families they left behind. Shine a torch, mobile phone, a candle and light up Shoebury!

 BETTER START SOUTHEND – support parents of young children in certain wards of Southend (which includes Shoebury and West Shoebury) who are looking for work, training and volunteering opportunities. We are a Lottery funded project and all our events are free.

Veolia – Veolia has launched a month-long survey from Monday 21 September, seeking local people’s feedback on recycling and waste collections, street and beach cleansing, household waste and recycling centres as well as the information the company provides about its services and its overall customer service. The survey results feed into future plans for recycling and waste collections in the Borough. Results will be compared against last year’s survey in 2018, where over 5,000 residents participated. There is   an online version of the survey available, which can be completed by any resident who wants to give their views. This can be found on our Recycling and Waste homepage –

https://www.southend.gov.uk/news/article/2034/waste-survey-is-live-and-we-want-to-hear-your-views

Council staff are being trained to help the test and trace effort and attempt to make contact with those not reached by the national system. At the current time approximately 80% of people are being reached via the national test and trace system. The local team will be used to try and trace the remaining 20% where possible and ask them to self-isolate for 14 days from the day they were last in contact with the person who has tested positive for coronavirus. Twenty council staff are being trained and will be redeployed as and when necessary to support this test and trace effort.

SAVS (Southend Association of Volunteers) are interested in pulling together a collaboration of groups to carry out activities funded under the DHSC and PHE VCSE Health and Wellbeing Fund Starting Well 2020/21, potentially across Southend, Rochford and the Castle Point area. More details and where to access further information can be seen below – if you are interested in being part of a potential programme please email gcartwright@savs-southend.co.uk to express your interest and join us next Thursday 1-2pm via Zoom to discuss how we can all work together.

 

Planning Applications week ending 25.09.2020

ERECT DETACHED LOG CABIN IN REAR GARDEN FOR USE AS ANCILLARY TO MAIN DWELLING – 68 VERMEER CRESCENT SHOEBURYNESS SOUTHEND-ON-SEA

ERECT SINGLE STOREY REAR EXTENSION, TWO STOREY SIDE EXTENSION, INSTALL DORMER TO REAR, ALTER ELEVATIONS – 15 BLACKGATE ROAD SHOEBURYNESS

INSTALL VARIOUS SIGNAGE COMPRISING OF 1 X ILLUMINATED SITE FLAGPOLE SIGN (5.98 METRES BY 2.10 METRES) ADJACENT TO CAMPFIELD ROAD, 1 X ILLUMINATED ROOF MOUNTED SIGN TO NORTHERN ELEVATION ABOVE ENTRANCE, 1 X FREE- STANDING ILLUMINATED BILLBOARD SIGN, 2 X DIRECTIONAL SIGNS (1.53 METRES BY 1.4 METRES), 2 X SMALL WALL-MOUNTED BILLBOARDS, 1 X FREE-STANDING  POSTER DISPLAY UNIT AND 2 X LARGE WALL-MOUNTED BILLBOARDS ON THE WESTERN ELEVATION OF STORE (AMENDED PROPOSAL) – LAND SOUTH OF CAMPFIELD ROAD SHOEBURYNESS

ERECT SINGLE STOREY SIDE/REAR EXTENSION – 15 MAITLAND PLACE

HIP TO GABLE ROOF EXTENSION AND INSTALL DORMER TO REAR WITH JULIETTE BALCONY TO FORM HABITABLE ACCOMMODATION IN THE LOFTSPACE, ERECT TWO STOREY SIDE EXTENSION WITH RECESSED BALCONY TO REAR AND ERECT SINGLE STOREY REAR EXTENSION 31 ULSTER AVENUE

ERECT FIRST FLOOR SIDE EXTENSION AND EXTEND PORCH TO FRONT – 123 NESS ROAD SHOEBURYNESS SOUTHEND-ON-SEA

ERECT SINGLE STOREY REAR EXTENSION, CONVERT GARAGE INTO HABITABLE ACCOMMODATION, ALTER ELEVATIONS – 9 FITZWARREN SHOEBURYNESS

CONVERT GARAGE INTO HABITABLE ACCOMMODATION, ALTER FRONT ELEVATIONS (LAWFUL DEVELOPMENT CERTIFICATE-PROPOSED) 179 BISHOPSTEIGNTON SHOEBURYNESS ESSEX

 

 

MOD

Date            Reason for Notification
28 September 2020 Gunfire and Explosions may be noticed
29 September 2020 Explosions may be noticed
30 September 2020 Nothing to report
1-4 October 2020 Nothing to report